Saturday, December 13, 2008

BKK 12.12 - Feels like HOME

12.12
It was only a 10minute taxi ride from our apartment to the airport. While waiting for Paui and Rochie , I saw that there's no Air Asia's check-in counter for the BKK flight and so far all the counters were only for the KL flights. So when the newly engaged couple arrived, we decided to have dinner at Popeye's. After dinner we went down and noticed the long queu for the Air Asia counter..... our plan to shop around or have coffee to kill time before boarding was ruined by standing on the queu for at least 45 minutes. By the time we got our boarding passes and cleared the immigration, our gate is already open for boarding. As all of you know, Air Asia offers free seating flights so we have to rush to get to our designated gate (which is located at the end of the terminal) and choose our seats. Everyone was already boarding the plane, the first 20 rows were already occupied -- one person per row / all window seats taken. We got the 3 empty seats a couple of rows behind the aircraft's wings. While waiting for other people to board, Rochie and I saw this guy (who was seated one row across our seats) plugged something inside his nose. It actually looks like a mini-vibrator.. with 2 small poles connected to a small round switch button that changes the lights on the 2 poles... well we were amazed and disgusted at the same time hahaha.
As soon as the seatbelt sign was turned off, Rochie and I watched a movie "Another Cinderella Story" (yeah, its the sequel to Hilary Duff's Cinderella Story) while Paui played with his DS. I've already watched this movie during my flight back to Singapore but its definitely much funnier watching it with a friend. As soon as the movie ended, the plane was already descending and we arrived Suvarnabhumi after a few minutes.

We got off the plane, rode the Air Asia shuttle to the terminal. There was no queu at the immigration counters for foreign passports which was good news for me because I really had to pee! We got our bags then headed out the customs counter. We first stopped by the AIS counter to top-up my mobile then called our friends who were waiting for us at the meeting point. Well, we did not expect Allan and Geof to be there. I thought the "hatid-sundo" promotion was no longer available due to the economic crisis. It was soo nice to see them.. before heading to the parking lot, they stopped for a smoke and gave us some updates on the recent 24.4% controversy. Its like baguio weather outside the terminal. Well, we first felt the cool breeze getting off the plane. I really love BKK's weather this time of the year. It also brought back some really good memories, 4 years back.. same month when I (together with Reysiel, Rochelle and Kuya Mervin) first came to BKK to work. Even stray dogs wore t-shirts to keep warm.

Got to I-House past midnight and after a few more 'barbero' stories courtesy of Allan. Speaking of stray dogs in a shirt, a dog in a sleeveless tee passed by. Too bad it was too dark to take a photo. We finally settled in our rooms a.k.a Eileen's unit in the purple building and Draide's unit in the blue building (super thanks muah muah!). Before going to Draide's apartment, Rochie and I had to buy our toiletries at the ever-reliable Fresh Mart.

Rochie went to dreamland, I stayed up for a few more hours since I had to check my work emails and catch up with my favorite jologs tv shows hahaha. Thank God for pinoychannel.tv! Special shout-out to my housemates -- I MISS YOU MIKE AND SHIRLS -- wish you guys were here too!!!

I HEART BKK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment